DMC-ZS30 with USB 2.0?!

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Questions thread
Krissi
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: DMC-ZS30 with USB 2.0?!
In reply to windmillgolfer, Jan 9, 2013

windmillgolfer wrote:

Yes but USB3 is still pretty rare and this is in the context of a consumer camera.

-- hide signature --

Hmmm... my computer is 3 years old and has USB 3.0 (certified). The standard is from 2008 and used in products since late 2009. I don't know how things are in the rest of the world but in Denmark almost every computer is now sold with USB 3.0.
You can actually not buy a decent 2012/13 NAS (Synology, QNAP, Netgear) or computer that doesn't have USB 3.0. So I don't agree at all.
We are actually talking about a 18.1 megapixel camera with support for Full HD (1920 x 1080) video. That makes transfer speed more than relevant.
It reminds me of the time I bought my first SLR camera. It was a Canon (Rebel) 300D. It had USB 1.1 though USB 2.0 had been there for years. That was the standard USB support for cameras back then and inexplicable when having to transfer large amount of images.
If you buy a camera like this you do it to make it last for years. That will be in a period of time where USB 3.0 will be even more relevant.
So why, WHY, WHY!? support and old data transfer standard when you buy a camera for the future?!?
Inexplicable!!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow