Canon 7D - same white-tailed deer I shot yesterday with my FZ200 - please note smearing in the fur.

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 3,042
Like?
Re: Canon 7D - same white-tailed deer I shot yesterday with my FZ200
In reply to Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 9, 2013

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

RudyPohl wrote:

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

Either you are a fanboy who won't admit the truth or you just like to argue. The fact is that neither you or anyonee else cannot get ISO 3200 shots like that with an FZ200 (or any other bridge camera for that matter) or even ISO 1600 shots that look that clean. Post your FZ200 ISO 3200 shots, go ahead. It's time to put up or shut up.

-- hide signature --

My humble photo gallery: http://www.pete-the-greek.com

Hi Peter:

I just wanted to let you know that I love the 7D. I have just spent some time browsing through just a small part of your smugmug gallery and have seen some of the awesome photos you've produced with that camera, the low-light ones in the penitentiary are typeical, great stuff. By the way, is that you behind the bars?

Rudy

-- hide signature --

The FZ200 - One step closer to bridging the gap.
Flickr photo gallery

LOL! No, that's not me behind the bars but it is a former coworker who liked my 7D so much that he bought one for himself. This is me alongside the late Michihiro Yamaki, founder and chairman of Sigma. What a gentleman this man was.

My first DSLR was a Sigma SD9 and I now use the SD15. The 7D was a 50th birthday present from my wife three years ago this month. She knew I wanted it. I've built up a fair collection of lenses for it since then.

It was an enjoyable shoot in the penitentiary. My Sigma DSLR wouldn't handle the low light nearly as well as the 7D. One of those shots is on my brother-in-law's wall alongside a Picasso and Gursky. That's some good company he put me in.

I just got an FZ200 to have when I don't to lug a DSLR. It will also serve well for my wife to use, she hates to have to change lenses. One of your lengthy posts about the camera was one of the things that cemented my decision to get one, I do appreciate that you posted your opinion and advice about using it. Right now, IMO, it's the best bridge camera.

-- hide signature --

My humble photo gallery: http://www.pete-the-greek.com

Hi Peter:

Hey, nice photo of you and Mr. Yamaki and thanks for telling me that my post helped in clinching your decision to buy the FZ200. I too think it's the best bridge camera overall.

I do want to commend you again on your superb photographs in your smugmug gallery, they are really excellent! You certainly have the photographer's eye and sure know how to use a camera.

Cheers and all the best,

Rudy

-- hide signature --

The FZ200 - One step closer to bridging the gap.
Flickr photo gallery

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow