Is M4/3 being left behind ? Features-wise

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
micronean
Regular MemberPosts: 302Gear list
Like?
Re: AFAIC, they all play catch-up to one degree or another
In reply to Bob Tullis, Jan 9, 2013

Bob Tullis wrote:

The sky isn't falling in this regard, not that I can tell. Each manufacturer tries to leapfrog the other with different features, but eventually most of these features will become commonplace.

The reaction is a bit knee-jerk if you ask me. But no harm, no foul.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
/"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."/ - Little Big Man

That's exactly what it is. Every year it's a leapfrog by the other companies that were left behind. I don't think any company is at the point of releasing a flagship product (with the latest and greatest tech) every year. It takes 2-3 years for a quality product to "cook" so to speak.

Olympus, this year, is taking care of their 4/3 line--and I'm sure will have something really great in store.

And, about PDAF: It does worry me a bit that the other companies are not going with CDAF because maybe they see limitations in the technology that cannot be overcome. But it's possible that CDAF is better for the 4/3 sensor than what the other companies are utilizing. I'd rather be patient and see how far Oly and Panasonic take CDAF before pushing any warning buttons.

micronean's gear list:micronean's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow