X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephenbw
Senior MemberPosts: 2,390Gear list
Like?
Re: X100s = $1,299. What will X100 price now be?
In reply to Photozopia, Jan 9, 2013

Photozopia wrote:

Stephenbw wrote:

The X100S' UK price is £1,099, due mid February.
Of course this price will drop considerably, just as the X100's did.

I'll believe it when I see it - as with the original launch, high demand shoved up prices.

In reality, the US $1300 should equate to about £800 ... so Fuji are still exacting a £300 UK premium at £1099. And the original X100 is still retailing for about 50% of that figure, so can't see it dropping much more ...

The launch of the X100 was erratic because of the Tsunami, and some took online resellers took advantage of low stocks by increasing prices. However none of the reputable UK companies you mentioned in your previous post did so, in fact Wex was one of those who were selling it at launch with a £100 discount. I bought mine from Amazon UK as soon as they had it with the same £100 discount, for £899.
 The US price of $1300 doesn't include sales tax, the UK price of £1099 does. Remove the VAT and the UK figure is £916, only a £116 'premium' over the US, and one which will soon be wiped out when UK retailers undercut the RRP, which they invariably do as soon as stocks come in.

-- hide signature --

Stephen

Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Canon PowerShot A620 Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow