Is M4/3 being left behind ? Features-wise

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Harold66
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,367Gear list
Like?
Re: Is M4/3 being left behind ? Features-wise
In reply to amvrvd, Jan 9, 2013

Waouh

I have to say with each of your post in this thread , you seem to dismiss your own thread

I have invested in the 4/3 system a few years back and still have some bodies and lenses. Initially , I would have like to make use of my 4/3 lenses on the new m4/4 rd system but considering how small the m4/3rds bodies are and HOW fast the contrast AF is on the OMD, I realize this is not really needed

except for a few lenses ( like the 25mm pancake) the 4/3 rds lenses look out of place on a m 4/3rd body and defeat the purpose of having lighter and smaller outfit

I don t know what kind of ipictures you make but I have to admit I NEVER had the need for continuous AF. Regardless of the brand and type of camera ( dslr versus non dslr) it always seemed to me to best the best way to get out-of-focus pictures

the contrast AF technology in SAF is said to be  much mmore accurate than phase AF. with my hybrid cameras , again regardless of the brand , I have had waaaayyyyy less out of focus pictures than before

I think your post was somewhat disingenuous. In the opening thread , you made it sound like the lack of phase PDAF was a BIG  deal for most people and that olympus was clearly lagging behind by not having this feature. After that, you tried to rationalize your thoughts but it does not seem to make sense to lot of people except you

No camera system is perfect and I can think of several things that I would like to be different in the olympus systems BUT i have  no interest in any of the missing things that you mention

As for me , the fact that olympus has a weathersealed body with almost no weather -sealed lenses is a more important factor , or that continue to impose the choice of black OR silver finishes on their lenses, or that they do not include the hoods , or that they do not offer a DNG raw option...

By reading reviews here and there , I have to assume I am not the only one feeling that way..

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow