G1X + EOS M Owners (and maybe X100 owners too) - some questions

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rudix
Contributing MemberPosts: 672
Like?
Re: Ask Marco Nero... (my experiences with the EOS-M)
In reply to shamanictea, Jan 9, 2013

I would like to add a positive vote for the EOS-M as well!

I have now had time to get to know this little jewel and all I can say is almost everything I read about it that is so negative is not true. A lot of people say things and they don't really know the camera!

Once you get to know how to use the AF it is really not that slow and it is very accurate. Want to take photo of people walking? Try the tracking AF, it is actually quite amazing and it can keep up with my active cat!

The touch screen, and the ability to move the AF point really works well!

The IQ is great, better than anything in its class and many above, I know it has a sensor similar to the 7D (I have one) but it produces better IQ!

And then there is the great video with the silent tracking AF, best in class! (Yes, I have tried most other models in this class...)

The little 22mm lens is amazing, sharp and well build, I am hoping Canon will expand the EF-M prime lenses offered.

Just as a reference point, my "normal" cameras at the moment are the 5D3 and 1DX with the 1Ds3 still used and the 7D when I need crop (birds)

So a big positive YES vote from me, well done Canon!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow