Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
Chances of a D700x?
Jan 9, 2013

Really sorry if this question has been done before, and I am 'floggin a dead horse' - but did a quick search and could not see a question exactly like this one.

I am currently a very happy D700 owner and still think it is an awesome camera.   It is great for 90% of what I shoot, but for the odd time that I do some landscape photography, I could use a little more resolution for the largest of my framed pic's.

As it currently stands - I feel the 800 and 600 do not really fit what I exactly need.  I need a higher standard pro level camera (as in the 700, and the 600 does not fulfill this), but with the resolution of the 600.   The D800 fits that bill, but is too much resolution for me.   I travel for 6 months at a time and my MacBook Pro would get swamped with those huge res NEF files.

Chuck into the mix all of the current problems that the 600 and 800 seem to be having, and I am really reticent to throw my hard earned money onto the table.   I really think that would be foolish, being forewarned of all of these issues.

Is there anybody sufficiently in the know, to say with some certainty, that Nikon plan to release an upgraded D700 in the future?   I can wait a while, as my D700 is still mostly fine.  Or do Nikon think they have filled in all the gaps, and that is it for the next few years?

I am not trolling, this is a genuine question.

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow