Rear/front focus (non)issues after Nikon D4 A: 1.03 / B: 1.02 firmware update/upgrade

Started Dec 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
LA_CAMGUY
Junior MemberPosts: 39
Like?
Re: Rear/front focus (non)issues after Nikon D4 A: 1.03 / B: 1.02 firmware update/upgrade
In reply to mattr, Jan 9, 2013

My D4 was under warranty but I paid the shipping & insurance. I would not ship a camera of that value without insurance. Although slower in transit, registerred mail is more secure and my shipping cost with insurance included was about $30. Sending 2-3 day Priority Mail with insurance or UPS could be up around $50-60. Registerred mail is the way to go. Certainly worth the peace of mind especially with the price of a D4 being what it is. Don't have a phone number for the new (Wilshire Blvd.) repair center but maybe Nikon customer service can lead you in the right direction. Again, I'm very pleased with the results and it certainly seems to me that Nikon is getting a handle on this 'left sensor focus' issue. My further shooting with my D4 since I last posted on this thread has only boosted my satisfaction with the focus performance of my D4. They got it right. Good luck!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow