Bouncing the Flash - Fuji XE1

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,385Gear list
Like?
Re: Bouncing the Flash - Fuji XE1
In reply to baabbott, Jan 9, 2013

baabbott wrote:

I have an X-e1 on order. Regarding the flash, I'm wondering about its usefulness in triggering a couple of flashes in umbrellas as slaves. I currently do this with a D700 using the popup flash on its lowest setting (1/128) and was thinking that I could bounce the X-e1's flash to accomplish the same thing.

Is anyone using it this way and if so, how's it working out?

There is a commander mode that lets you do that. Tried it with my nikon SB800 in remote mode and it worked fine. Howeve,r the speedlights must be set manually. Fuji flashes cannot be trigger wirelessly unlike my nikons. I was thinking about getting the EF20 flash which is small and inexpensive and 3x more powerful and does bounce as well. That flash might also be helpful when you need enought power to trigger off camea flashes And only the fuji flashes will use TTL metering so it should be worth $100 bucks

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow