Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mal_In_Oz
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
Re: Thoughts on the 40-150R
In reply to Albert Ang, Jan 9, 2013

Albert Ang wrote:

Mal_In_Oz wrote:

I would have thought the lens was worth more glowing terms when describing its performance. Does anyone agree, or am I just being an old curmudgeon?

In http://www.photozone.de/reviews, it says:

"Please note that the tests results are not comparable across the different systems! This does also apply for the new EOS tests based on the EOS 50D because of differences in the sensor system (e.g. AA-filter) as well as different RAW-converters."

Therefore you can't compare the MFT between M43, APS-C, FF.

Thanks Albert, I have read that comment as well. I think this is to stop uninformed arguing about whose lens or camera is better, and probably appeases some camera makers as well. I am trying to look carefully in an informed manner, and saying within reasonable constraints there *are* ways to make comparisons as long as you understand all the elements that contribute to the result.

One thing I think we can say categorically about the results is that, as a system, the GX1 and the 40-150 competes well against most APSC systems out there, even with very good glass.

Mal_In_Oz's gear list:Mal_In_Oz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow