Thoughts on the 40-150R

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mal_In_Oz
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
Fantastic!
In reply to Lindsay D, Jan 9, 2013

Lindsay D wrote:

It's so good that recently I did a fun field comparison of the OMD plus 40-150 and the 5D MkIII with 70-300L. Apologies if some of you have seen this already via another thread, but the results were interesting: http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/pets/choosing-the-right-kit-for-nature-photography/

Lindsay, I very much appreciate your contribution to this discussion. Your example images are fantastic and verify what has been shown in the charts. I feel vindicated.

In terms of resolution, the little 40-150 on a body like the EM5 with 16 mp sensor holds its own very well against any company for regular daylight photos. What it might lack in color, vignetting and contrast (which is not much if any) are easily adjusted in Lightroom.

What it cannot do of course is compete in shallow DOF or low-light against f2.8 monsters on FF high-ISO bodies. But I can live with that.

Mal_In_Oz's gear list:Mal_In_Oz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OKNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow