Senior MemberPosts: 1,113Gear list
Like?
Re: x100s - Fuji gives Sony sensor the flick
In reply to DrBulb, Jan 9, 2013

DrBulb wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

DrBulb wrote:

This is exactly what I have been patiently waiting in the wings for. I have resisted the initial X100 knowing Fuji would eventually get their act together. Way too may little quirks, it was an immature device in my op.

The Pro1 and E1 are nice devices but same again with the Pro1 - in my opinion an immature device whereas the E1 is a tighter package - not falling short trying to deliver what it is designed to do. Apologies about the critical words but these are my observations.

Second generation Pro1 and E1 is going to be where it's at for those that want to pop glass. They will own the market unless something magical comes out from someone else. A two year cycle seems logical unless the wind of sales/demand blows harder than Fuji expects.

The x-Trans sensor is the strength, glad they got rid of Sony from the mix with this one. x-Trans is like a breath of unexpected fresh air, very little trade off's to achieve significant major improvement in core image quality streets beyond any other similar mp count traditional Bayer pattern.

The other strength is Fujinon glass. As more people directly compare the quality of Fujinon glass to other similar costing lenses, this will become majorly apparent although for me I am content with my hassie (camera and glass manufactured by Fuji) I pop a different class of glass

For me personally the long wait is over. The concept is great and now by the sounds of the specs the device will match the promise. I'm going to have some fun with this little beauty.

How many of you have been sitting on the fence like me waiting for Fuji to deliver what I feel the X100 should have been in the beginning? or isn't anyone as stupid as me?

Clive

I'm pretty certain this is the Sony 16mp sensor - how else would Fuji be offerring PDAF on sensor just after Sony has just released a new version of its 16mp sensor with PDAF on sensor?

Most people believe that Sony makes the X Trans sensor. There are all kinds of pointers to this if you take 5 mins and use Google.

For me personally this is not enough to convince me Sony is the sensor component supplier for the x-Trans. Where did you see a Sony sensor pin position is identical to the one installed in the Pro1 or E1? I find this difficult to fathom but it is certainly not beyond being possible.
Some people also suspect Toshiba Semiconductor are supplying sensor componentry, however, I don't know of any facts that would convince me of this either, nor do you by the sounds of things.
If you have any facts to support what you are saying I am more than happy to change my view.

Maybe your on to something?

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/01/08/surprise-the-sensor-inside-the-nikon-d5200-is-made-by-toshiba.aspx/

djrocks66's gear list:djrocks66's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow