Dell 2410 - Question

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Bourke
Regular MemberPosts: 466Gear list
Like?
Re: Dell 2410 - Question
In reply to sjwolfhope, Jan 9, 2013

I have a Dell 2410 that I use for work.  I am an architect.  I profiled the monitor in both sRBG mode and wide gammut mode with a Sypder 3 unit.  I used to use wide gammut mode--and corresponding profile when using Lightroom, but now I just leave it in sRGB mode.  The sRGB mode is really great for non-colorspace aware programs.  Much easier than the other tricks I have used in the past.

I have a Dell Studio 16 laptop, which also has a wide gammut display.  Finding a video player that works with the monitor profile was some work.  With the sRGB mode on the 2410, you don't have to worry about such things.

I really like the monitor except for one thing.  The matte finish on the screen makes white areas look kind of sparkly.  I must say that I don't even notice anymore unless I think about it, but when I first got the monitor it really bugged.

David Bourke's gear list:David Bourke's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow