Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Darrell Spreen
Forum ProPosts: 10,060
Like?
LX7 -- experiments & stuff
Jan 8, 2013

(If you click on original size, I believe you will see better quality images -- DPR still seems to be doing something to embedded pictures.)

Today was the first time I really got to try out my new LX7 (Christmas present).  I decided to try the P mode, because I found I was often leaving the aperture set to f/1.4 when I was using it in A mode (just forgetful -- not used to having that feature).  I was also forgetting to select the ND filter in bright sun, so I figured having just one thing to remember might make things go better.

I used the standard picture option but I set contrast, saturation, and NR to -1.

I found that the camera selects apertures of f/2.8 to f/4 for most shots in P mode which is just what I would choose, so that made me happy.

Not much color here this time of year -- some berries on this tree were about it.

Found a glassware and pottery store with bright colors and interesting indoor lighting.  The owner had no problem with me taking pictures.

Great shadows and subtle colors in this area of the store.

I have been concerned about the lack of zoom range with the LX7, but I saw Panasonic's description of iZoom and it seemed worth trying.  Here's a shot at 216mm equivalent using iZoom (I am shooting with the 1:1 aspect right now).  I realize it's just digital zoom with some clever processing, but I like the results here.  I prefer to compose pictures when I shoot, even though I will often crop during post-processing, so iZoom looks like a good solution for me.

Comments are welcome.

-- hide signature --

Darrell

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow