Flat view
Zagato
Regular MemberPosts: 473Gear list
Like?
Ricoh GXR M mount: Question to Tom Caldwell
Jan 8, 2013

Dear Tom,

I'm asking you for an advice:

I have a few old CZJ lenses (Flektogon 2,8/35mm, Tessar 2/50mm and Sonnar 4/135mm) and some others. The CZJ on my M4/3 GH2 gave some very sharp results but the real challenge and thrill would be to use them on the GXR.

There are adapters for Exakta to M4/3 and even to Fuji FX but an adapter Exakta to Leica M is not to be found. Browsing through the web I found that long time ago an Exakta to Leica M39 had been produced but presently is nowhere available. The idea was, by double adapters Exakta to Leica M39 and Leica M39 to Leica M (which is available) to try these lenses on the GXR.

Maybe it's possible via M42 or other system?? I have a M42 to Leica M and a Nikon to Leica M adapter.

Since I know that you are very experienced in using a number of "exotic" lenses on your GXR and adapters for those are probably not easily found, I wonder if you could give me some advice or maybe it's anyway not possible to achieve infinity focusing by using two adapters.

Many thanks in advance

Brgds

Michael (Vienna)

Zagato's gear list:Zagato's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow