Is this fair game to photograph?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
RodluvanII
Senior MemberPosts: 1,509Gear list
Like?
It's about as fair as Pi$$ Christ (possibly disturbing photo)
In reply to rattymouse, Jan 8, 2013

You can have your opinion, but your opinion can ever be elevated to an absolute.

You're throwing a fit guided by a highly subjective moral high ground. Not that it matters, but the photographer was never out to take advantage or minimise the women, he though it beautiful and contemplative; a lonely, ignored and confused fellow human being. There was no judgement involved, so why are you judging?

Should this not have been taken?

If you don't care for it, move along, ignore it and continue taking "street" photos of the things you  like. I'm frankly tired of the holier than thou attitude and people that keep putting their noses in other people business and I'm surprised they even call themselves photographers; it's a photo, he didn't hit her, he didn't call her names or laugh in her face. There are so many horrible things in the world, photography is not one of them. Not even close, but it's an easy and banal target for people to be upset about when they don't care enough to worry about worse things.

I'm for one am impressed by his courage and genuine empathy.

RodluvanII's gear list:RodluvanII's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/28 ZM Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow