D800 w/ 24-120 f4 VRll ?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anker BergSonne
Regular MemberPosts: 314Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 w/ 24-120 f4 VRll ?
In reply to axcentphoto, Jan 8, 2013

axcentphoto wrote:

I will be purchising a new D800 shortly. In the interest of saving my pennies, I think I have decided on buying a 24-120 f4 VRll. I know that this is NO 2.8 and I have read some questionable reviews on this lens. My question is do any of you folks use this combo and what do you think....thanks...Brent

I have had mine for over a year and used it on my D7000 and now my new D800. It is a great lens and delivers tack-sharp pictures at its best, as sharp as the ones I get with my 70-200 F2.8 VRII. The focal length range is great for a walkabout lens and my only complaint would be that this lens and the D800 body makes for a heavy combination. But worth the trouble, in my opinion.

If you are moving up from a DX camera you will be surprised at how much wider all your lenses have become, so the extra zoom comes in handy.

Anker

Anker BergSonne's gear list:Anker BergSonne's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow