My Olympus debacle (insight needed)?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Questions thread
AnandaSim
Forum ProPosts: 13,422Gear list
Like?
Re: My Olympus debacle (insight needed)?
In reply to likeacat, Jan 8, 2013

likeacat wrote:

Did you switch OFF AF Tracking - Page 39 of the English manually. ?

Not trying to +shoot LoTR, just trying to take some short home videos, videos for my Youtube channel, etc. But chattering is not okay, even for those applications. It's not okay for anything.

Really don't think I'm expecting too much of it's performance. I'm not even asking it to be silent, just quiet. This is noisy like a projector, or teeth chattering in the cold. I'd say most would not consider that acceptable playback, even filming loud kids running around at McDonald's, you'd certainly still hear it I'm sure.

I've turned off AF tracking, still makes the noise.

I have amateur video camera that you can hear the cassette transport motor, finger sound on the the zoom lever, AF motor and wind noise in a quiet room. In McDonalds, doesn't matter.

AF lags in school concert indoors at night. I don't change focus as much as possible not because of the sound, and but because of the blur.

I would guess some pro gigs don't change focus at all. They shoot scene parts and blend the movie later and their mic is not on the camera

shooting amateur movie is a different balance of needs though and with different constraints - budget and ambition being boundaries

AnandaSim's gear list:AnandaSim's gear list
Kodak EasyShare P880 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow