Like?
Re: Fuji press conference LIVE
In reply to hellocrowley, Jan 8, 2013

hellocrowley wrote:

TThorne wrote:

hellocrowley wrote:

Asylum Photo wrote:

55-200 coming in April

No details on any other lenses though. Seems like they will be going slower on the lens front than initially planned.

-- hide signature --

I'm sure some lenses will be pushed back to next year, now that they've locked many customers into the bodies.

While I am definitely in on the X100s and will likely grab an X20 just because it's inexpensive, has a functioning viewfinder, and looks like a fun little camera, I am VERY disappointed in the X Series lens development. If we are looking at big delays on the 14mm, and April (who knows if that is going to be on time) for the 55-200, then we'll be looking over the horizon near 2014 for the 23mm, and beyond that for the wide zoom and 56mm at this rate.

I am happy I'll have fun stuff to play with in the meantime, but what I really need are lenses. You would think that a priority for a company with an interchangeable lens system they are trying to gain support for.

Disappointed...

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

Yes it's like marrying a woman because she promised you beautiful babies but then she refuses to get off the pills. They need to make the 12-24 and 56mm a priority.

I saw that episode of "Sons of Anarchy"!

Yeah, I think that is one of the most difficult things about a new system, lens support. I know Fuji thought they had it covered with the 18, 35, and 60, but no. maybe if they started out with the 14, 23, and 56, then yeah, I can see that. Still missing a true ultra wide though.

I am fine with the Voigtlander 12mm for now, waiting for the Fuji 10-24. I just switched out my zoom and went back to the 35mm, which is great, and am using the X100 (soon X100S, already preordered) for the 23mm. Hopefully we get an XP1 FW update with focus peaking. If we do, I will handle the long end with a fast manual focus prime until Fuji gets the 56mm out.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow