Oly 25mm pancake lens for 4/3rds

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave rogers
Regular MemberPosts: 194Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly 25mm pancake lens for 4/3rds
In reply to Tyrophotographer, Jan 8, 2013

I have the 25mm as one of my 4/3rds lenses. I used it on an E-410 and I loved it. I'm away from my computer at the moment, but I used it on the E-PM1 the other day. I like the proportions with the adapter; it's not a pancake, no, but it's not horrible.

Seems a bit noisier focusing than I remembered on the E-410. Focused fine, albeit a bit slower than the Pany 20mm.

I don't know that I would buy it for m4/3 specifically, but I had the adapter for my 70-300mm so it was a no-brainer to try it. If I remember, I'll post an example later. FWIW, I loved that lens on the E-410. Until the E-PM1 came along, it was the smallest camera set-up I had for keeping readily to hand. Took it with me nearly everywhere. With the (relatively) fast aperture and short focal length, lack of IS in the 410 body was pretty much a non-issue, and it gave me some very nice pictures.

dave rogers's gear list:dave rogers's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Olympus E-410 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-30 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow