Olympus XZ-1 vs. Sony RX100.

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
Forum ProPosts: 18,281Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus XZ-1 vs. Sony RX100.
In reply to Shomari, Jan 8, 2013

Shomari wrote:

I traded my son a Fuji X10 for his 2010 Macbook Pro keeping, my Fuji X100 and then purchasing a Oly XZ-1 over the Sony RX100. This way I think I get the best of both worlds. I used to own a Oly ELP 2 and missed the filters and quite frankly many of the other Oly Camera features. I found many of the comments and reviews about the XZ-1 exciting and had always regretted giving up my Oly. The Current prices of the XZ-1 make the purchase simple if not a great thing to do. Paying twice (and a Half) the price for the RX would not make my "total" photography experience a pleasant one.. However don't get me wrong, though, the Fuji X10 is a great camera but it just didn't have those darn fun filters. Plus it's still in the family it just moved.:-D.

Thanks for your Reviews,

Howard

-- hide signature --

H tyree
htree1@suddenlink.net

In the latest firmware upgrade the X-10 now has a number of filters like the XZ-1 art filters.

-- hide signature --

Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm XF1 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow