New MX-1, good name, good idea ... wrong execution !

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,797Gear list
Like?
Re: New MX-1, good name, good idea ... wrong execution !
In reply to leopold, Jan 8, 2013

leopold wrote:

When i saw that name Pentax MX-1, i said to myself... yes Pentax did it

But when i saw the camera and the specs ......

They screwed it !!!

If they wanted to remind us of the great MX (still have my black MX), they should have gone all the way, more like Fuji X series !

- Bigger sensor (APS-C)

- Fixed lens but a fast prime

- OR interchangeable lenses but a small body with old control wheels more like the K-01 but with 2 wheels (shutter speed and apertures)

- EVF, focus peaking and a great LCD.

- Hybrid AF

Deception

I totally agree with you.  It is a pretty camera but is just another "me to" camera that is missing a few key things like a hotshoe and an accessory port for an evf.  A bigger sensor, weather sealing faster kens and wifi connevtivity would all be things that could make the camera a little different that the others camera out there.  I always thougt Pentax phase was to "think differently".  Still it looks like a nice camera but not one for me.   Thing again I really didn't expect a camera for me to be announced atpma@ces.  I do expect one to be announced at cp+.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
mgm2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow