SigmaChrome
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,957Gear list
Like?
Re: DP3 Merrill leaked
In reply to Harold66, Jan 8, 2013

Harold66 wrote:

waouh... what is all that BS ?

BS - Really?

where do you see that I wrote that a 75mm was not "usable " ? of course it is usable . But since Sigma in its press release emphasizes the fact that the lens was developed specially for the dp3 one has to wonder why choose a 75mm focal length. if you were open minded to look around , you will notice that the 75mm focal lens in a single focal length lens is only present when you got a 50mm lens designed for 35mm mounted on a DX sensor

Of course I'm open minded. I just disagree with you. That doesn't make me close-minded.

as for the macro design , it explains the aperture range and even if , for some reason , it seems to offend you , I will say again that for a portrait lens a 2.0 max aperture would have been more appreciated by most

I'm not even slightly offended by this.

The extra course it has to run is going to make the AF slower , not that the other dpm's are speeed demons when it comes to AF

Unless of course it has some kind of a focus limit switch

Maybe it has.

not to mention that a portrait camera with a 3;2 ratio only is not a good choice for those of us who shoot verticals

Ever heard of cropping? The Merrill sensor is plenty big enough.

this is simply ridiculous . there is a big difference , that maybe you do not get , between being able to crop and HAVING to crop EACH one of you pictures.

You don't have to crop EACH image. That's just silly.

-- hide signature --
 SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow