Advanced legacy lens user: What to choose Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Sony NEX-6?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
YuriS
Regular MemberPosts: 337Gear list
Like?
Re: Advanced legacy lens user: What to choose Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Sony NEX-6?
In reply to DmikeB, Jan 8, 2013

DmikeB wrote:

If you tend to work in well lit areas then the lower ISO of the NEX produces amazingly detailed images. The larger sensor also means that the lenses are more similar to their intended field of view. However, if you are happy with the field of view that you are currently getting from your lenses, and particularly if you use a more telephoto field of view then having in build stabilization can be key in many situations. You'll already be used to the intricacies of Olympus cameras and the control that they give you. Personally, I find having control over the ISO range very useful for using manual lenses and typically use the OM-D's two control dials for exposure compensation and shutter speed when using manual lenses (leaving the camera to work out ISO). Although the NEX has two control dials, my understanding is that their functions are rather limited and you can't do that with them ( http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-alpha-nex-6/5 ). It may be that Sony updates their software to allow more flexible use of the controls.

Thank you! That exactly a kind of things I'm looking for... Focal  length a tricky issue. When 50mm 1.4 prime become 100mm - is it good for portrait and close-ups, but not for day-by-day usage. And 85mm become 170mm. Complicated question.

YuriS's gear list:YuriS's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow