Harold66
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,543Gear list
Like?
Re: DP3 Merrill leaked
In reply to SigmaChrome, Jan 8, 2013

SigmaChrome wrote:

Harold66 wrote:

SigmaChrome wrote:

idea. A compact camera with no-compromise short telephoto – MACRO lens is quite a versatile piece of kit in my opinion.

Well , I beg to differ

if this indeed is supposed to be a portrait lens , why did not make it equivalent to a 80mmor 85mm and ..more importantly .. why the heck a macro lens

Good grief... why not!? 75mm is fine for portrait work. It may not be perfect but it's quite useable.

Again - why not macro? It's all very nice to jump up and down and complain about something you haven't even tried yet.

waouh... what is all that BS ?

where do you see that I wrote that a 75mm was not "usable "  ? of course it is usable . But since Sigma in its press release emphasizes the fact that the lens was developed specially for the dp3 one has to wonder why choose a 75mm focal length. if you were open minded to look around , you will notice that the 75mm focal lens in a single focal length lens is only present when you got a 50mm lens designed for 35mm mounted on a DX sensor

as for the macro design , it explains the aperture range and even if , for some reason , it seems to offend you , I will say again that for a portrait lens a 2.0  max aperture would have been more appreciated by most

The extra course it has to run is going to make the AF slower , not that the other dpm's are speeed demons when it comes to AF

Unless of course it has some kind of a focus limit switch

Maybe it has.

not to mention that a portrait camera with a 3;2 ratio only is not a good choice for those of us who shoot verticals

Ever heard of cropping? The Merrill sensor is plenty big enough.

this is simply ridiculous . there is a big difference , that maybe you do not get , between being able to crop and HAVING to crop EACH one of you pictures.

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow