Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
logbi77
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Olympus lens patent 6-24mm 1.8-2.5
In reply to Pikme, Jan 8, 2013

Pikme wrote:

VaLeX wrote:

I guess this brotherhood is a bit more complicated: it's the look and the action of XZ-1 (zoom operated by lever) with the sensor and the screen of the XZ-2.

The look is neither pentax, nor Oly. Maybe Ricoh?

So, really not a twin, and quite a complicated genetic equation. I'm curious about the business behind ... who owns what to whom, who paid patents, royalties, what's the marketing rationale behind etc.

My thoughts exactly!

I was always suspicious that Olympus did not make the XZ1 but only provided the lens assembly and processing. I know that is common in the industry and the XZ1 just never felt like an 'Olympus' to me (although I like it very much, just miss the usual controls). The XZ2 looks more like an 'Olympus' and has common menu and customization options with other 'Olympus' cameras.

Reading about this Pentax, I also thought it seemed more like an updated XZ1 than XZ2, and it doesn't look like a Pentax, either. I guess the interbreeding is too complicated without a forensic analysis.

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

This is the patent released before from Olympus  according to Egami Japanese site.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow