135mm Legacy Lens opinions wanted

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpetersson
Regular MemberPosts: 354Gear list
Like?
Re: 135mm Legacy Lens opinions wanted
In reply to nevada5, Jan 8, 2013

I have the Minolta Rokkor 135mm f3,5, and for the price I don't find anything to complain about. It is slightly soft wide open, but the images sharpen up nicely in post-processing. I got the lens as part of a package with a Rokkor 28mm f2,8 and a Rokkor 50mm f1,7, all are pretty basic lenses but considering all three cost me about 20 USD in total I can't complain, and results are good except from the 28mm. It has serious issues with corner sharpness, but I am suspicious that my copy is flawed.

Anyway, ranting aside you can get the Minolta 135mm dirt cheap and it is a good lens. For the price you could pick one up and try it, if you don't like it you will still have money to spend on another lens. I think you will like it though, mine is silky smooth to focus and the built-in hood is pretty convenient.

mpetersson's gear list:mpetersson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow