The new Fuji X100S looks like it could give the RX1 some competition.

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
barjohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,092Gear list
Like?
Re: Agree.
In reply to ekaton, Jan 8, 2013

ekaton wrote:

FF and an exquisite Sonnar lens! The X100 is a great little camera and the "S" looks even better on paper. But the RX1 is in a different category. As far as price is concerned, it's simply the law of diminishing returns which shows here. For the (little) extra the Sony offers one simply has to accept the steep difference in price.

I agree.  However, for some, I'm sure that the small difference may not be worth it and they will now opt for the X100s if it does all of the things claimed.  I think Sony better get a firmware upgrade out soon to address things like the AF and startup time on the RX1 to name a few.  For now, I will hold on to the RX1 but if Sony ignores the issues and the X100s actually provides the performance that was originally promised, I may have to sell it and replace it with the X100s.  I owned the X100 and really liked its size, portability and the hybrid VF.  I hated the AF and the MF was a complete joke.  Performance when writing image to card and slow start up, poor EVF and other issues really impacted its usability.  Maybe now they are finally getting it.  We will have to wait and see.

-- hide signature --

John
Visit my web gallery at:
www.barjohn.com/My Photographs/index.html
Comments and critiques welcome.

barjohn's gear list:barjohn's gear list
Olympus XZ-1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow