How well does the A99 work for sports photography

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
HK photographer
Regular MemberPosts: 460
Like?
The glass may be different for Sony and Minolta
In reply to Rashkae, Jan 8, 2013

well, if you just read from web, Sony and old Minolta are the same. If you have tried, you would know they are different. Rebadging? I know. I guess Sony is not using the same type of material, perhaps they are using same technology, same dimension etc but is not usingthe same type of material which would give subtle but noticeabl difference to us who use the lens pretty often. Any way, no argument here, my point was I am using Sony because I've got some Minolta good (I think) glasses.

For D600, I have no experience. After hearing from here, I would be very curious to see what Nikon would do about it or at lease they should announce officially whether it is a genuine issue. I hvae no bias towards Nikon but conerning Sport Photographer, there are too many prosin this world who have voted by still using N and C. I do not see any body using SOny in our soccer field, except me of course (but I bring both systems and compare).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow