X100 owners....

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
Paul Farace
Contributing MemberPosts: 735Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 owners....
In reply to danstern, Jan 8, 2013

You buy a camera to do a job... is your current camera doing that job? If so, keep it. If it is failing in important aspects, bail on it and get the latest version, if that corrects the problem.  I just got the X100 (black body) a couple of months ago... with the latest firm ware installed yesterday and the new 28mm adaptor on its way... I expect to have many years of happy shooting with my X100 -- it does the job I purchased it to do... (satisfying my RF mojo)...  the new version has some nice features, but nothing worth dumping my version for... I like the idea of the higher-def video, but I don't do much video as it is... and I might like the improved MF provision, but I can use the original version OK and the new version probably isn't that much improved.  I might have put a pop-up flash on the new model... the onboard flash is almost impossible to use, especially if you have the lens shade on as I do...

-- hide signature --

Holding a camera, any camera, reduces my blood pressure, calms my nerves, and gives me a sense of opportunity!

Paul Farace's gear list:Paul Farace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow