Pentax Full-Frame

Started Jan 4, 2013 | Questions thread
Ian Stuart Forsyth
Senior MemberPosts: 1,735Gear list
Like?
Re: Forget the FF question, the real question is it really smart to continue buying Pentax?
In reply to Russell Evans, Jan 8, 2013

Russell Evans wrote:

Just throwing some things into the B&H cart; $3,893.90 for the D600 with 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 VR and Nikon 70-200mm f4 VR, $4,290.85 for a Pentax K-5II with DA * 16-50mm f2.8 and 50-135mm f2.8.

Pentax is going to have to do something about it's pricing on APS-C. Yes, I know about calling in to get the lower prices that has been posted here, but do you think there are many people that would even bother to look at this forum to find out that little tidbit, if they saw pricing like that first? They would hit the buy button on the Nikon system.

Thank you
Russell

With my 24-85 VR I have found its sharper in the center where as the 16-50 is better in the corners this is when comparing the 24-85 on the D800 and  pixel peeping, when normalized to the same output the corners are about the same. With the 70-200 F4 I had a brief hands on with it and its sharp and will be my next lens

-- hide signature --

The Camera is only a tool, photography is deciding how to use it.
The most important piece of equipment in photography is the lens cap, if used incorrectly all your photo will be under exposed.
The hardest part about capturing wildlife is not the photographing portion; it’s getting them to sign a model release

Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list:Ian Stuart Forsyth's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K20D Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow