Which external flash units work with Alpha cameras? Recommendations please.

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
sv2012
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Re: Which external flash units work with Alpha cameras? Recommendations please.
In reply to arie, Jan 8, 2013

arie wrote:

Sorry if this has been answered before - couldn't find a comprehensive list yet.

Which external flashes work with an A77 and A700 (both I own in this case)? I need to buy some lighting gear and don't know a lot about the different possibilities and combinations. Any flashes from Metz, Minolta, Cowboystudio, etc. What I'm looking for is a small setup to start with so I can get the flash outside of the line of fire.

Most helpful links I've found so far:

-- hide signature --

1500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you knew that people were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. -MIB

For non-TTL or manual off camera flash, you can get cheap combo on Yongnuo 560 II (~$70) and Yongnuo 602 radio trigger set ($30) on ebay. The build is quite solid based on a few weeks of usage. You may need to buy a few Sony flash adapter to standard hot shoe. They also have Sony/Minolta hot shoe ones too.

For TTL, get some used F56AM or F58AM (~$250) and use your pop up flash as wireless controller.

-- hide signature --

-sv2012

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow