Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kodachrome200
Contributing MemberPosts: 757Gear list
Like?
mundane things on my desk
Jan 8, 2013

so someone on the main forum asked about photographing mundane things here http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50607136

and that got me thinking about doing it. So on my desk I have and olympus epl5 and a kit lens as well as a desk lamp and some other mundane objects. I turned the lights out turned the desk lamp on and photographed a few of the mundane things on my desk. All photos were lit my my desk lamp (an ikea if you were wondering) shot with an olympus e-pl5 and 14-42 lens and processed and lightroom.

the desk lamp itself

coke zero can. beverarge of choice

my change dish

ok this next one isnt so mundane its a funky bottle of wine a from russia a friend gave us. but i was on a roll so

was there any point to this. Other than amusing myself and making some cool images? no. But for photographers that should be enough

Also it inspired me to invent desk lamp lighting witch is totally gonna be thing now I swear

Kodachrome200's gear list:Kodachrome200's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow