Fuji press conference LIVE

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,569Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji press conference LIVE
In reply to Bernie Ess, Jan 8, 2013

Bernie Ess wrote:

I am VERY disappointed in the X Series lens development. If we are looking at big delays on the 14mm, and April (who knows if that is going to be on time) for the 55-200, then we'll be looking over the horizon near 2014 for the 23mm, and beyond that for the wide zoom and 56mm at this rate.

I am happy I'll have fun stuff to play with in the meantime, but what I really need are lenses. You would think that a priority for a company with an interchangeable lens system they are trying to gain support for.

Disappointed...

Well, patience is a virtue. Want the 35mm? Want the 56? the 23 - want it all and now? If you had it, after 4-5 months you'd be looking out for the next big thing, guaranteed.

No lens will stuff the hole inside the impatient mind.

Except relaxing.

-- hide signature --

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Not true. If those are the focal lengths you like to shoot at and have done so for a while, I don't really see the logic of your statement, nor how you can guarantee such a thing.

Personally, I have always shot ultra wide (14-18mm), 35mm, and 85mm. The only thing to change in years has been that I now shoot 50mm more than I once did.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow