Is the Sony NEX F3 too much camera for me?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
Is the Sony NEX F3 too much camera for me?
Jan 8, 2013

After a lot of tossing and contemplating back and fourth for days and days, hours on end about whether this is the cam for me, if its worth the money for my usage, I got it yesterday and its nice, was around $500 with a bag and mem card and tax! A lot for a camera! Ive never spent this much ever and wasnt wanting to.

Im really doubting if I need a $400 camera and why not just get something like the Nikon P510 (which is what i had my eyes on before seeing the NEX cause of the 42x but then most of the features on it i wont ever use like GPS), when im not really into photgraphy, dont want to be learning about ISOs, and other settings and ill really only be using this camera for special occasions and meetups. Maybe once or twice a week or just a weekend cam. I network every now and then and i was wanting to bring a cam with me all the time cause people take pics of the event. But i wouldnt want to do this with like a puny Sony WX150 cause it looks girly and I want something more professional looking and takes better pics. Cause everyone i see from these meetups have cheapo cams and the pics turn out like crap. I want to have higher standards than that.

Ive briefly glanced over photography for dummies books and it all seems confusing to me and im too lazy to spend hours learning a new hobby so i know i wont be able to get the most out of this cam using auto 99% of the time ha.

I only got the Sony cause 1) Dont want compact P&S cause for me theyre too feminine and you blend in with the rest. I dont know but when a guy is using a super tiny P&S cam in public, it looks ssstupid! The average person couldnt tell the diff between a $300 compact P&S and a $100 one, they all look the same ot them. Whereas the Sony NEX stands out and looks sexy. So I bought this to show off and have it as a centre of conversation.

2) $200 off the Sony, reg $600. $400 is a good deal.

3) DSLR quality

4) Dont ever plan on getting any other lenses for it

5) Looks better than Nikon P510

Ive gone to the store and played with the Sony DSC-WX150 (ultra compact P&S) for $180, very nice cam but i just cant get over how small and seen using it. Bigger cam makes you feel more masculine.

Nikon Coolpix P510 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow