6D + Canon 50/1.8 or D600 + Nikon 50/1.8? Help me decide.

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,442
Like?
Re: Dynamic Range
In reply to brightcolours, Jan 7, 2013

brightcolours wrote:

Your eyes did NOT see it like that. I know you believe that they did, but our eyes are very sensitive to light, and do notice brighter parts being brighter.

No, our eyes do noty see bright part as bright as cameras do, because our eyes have more DR. what will blow out on the sensor often is while distinguishable by our eyes.

You pulled the bright outside too much down to be like your eyes would have seen it.

I was there, I noticed how the diamond shaped window made a very nice view, and is why I took this photo, were you there?

You made a sunny day into an overcast day, basically.

No, it is still a sunny day as the final image shows, trees are green, not grey.

That is fine of course, but it is not "as your eyes saw it".

It is.

You maybe have the idea that your eyes "saw it" that way because when you look outside through the window your eyes adjust to the bright light and let you view the outside like that. and when you look at indoor parts your eyes adjust and let you see the indoors part.

You way overestimate the speed of human eyes adjust to different level of light.

By the way, perfect example of flat contrastless image now, of an overall scene that never had a hope of being photogenic anyway.

yet to me it is just as natural as I saw it.

Like most of the "examples" the high DR fans come up with.

whatever.

Usually these yucky high DR scenes work better in BW.

my eyes saw them with colours, and I would like a colour image.

With not too low contrast.

This image is far from "low contrast", the black areas are still black (albeit with canon sensor, you  get red noise)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow