xz-1 owner wanting dslr recommendation

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
anniejohn OP Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: xz-1 owner wanting dslr recommendation

Aaron Sur wrote:

Hi anniejohn,

from what you said you prefer to shop local and not online , the best course would be to head to the nearest camera retailer near you and physically handle a camera.

The Olympus EPL-5 is miles ahead of the XZ-1 , I am considering one to replace my wife's EOS 400D soon. The beauty is that it is almost the same size in length width and height as the new XZ-2 except for the lens protruding out farther.In my opinion the sensor on this camera is better in low light than all the current Canon APS-C cameras.

Maybe if you called your local Olympus Agency they could steer you in the direction of where you could test one locally.

the VF-2 is an electronic viewfinder that clips onto the flash hot shoe to allow viewing as in a SLR camera.

Unfortunately it seems that the local stores here can't get Olympus at all so my only choices in terms of that are Nikon and Canon.   A bit restricting but hopefully it will work out. I'm trying the Nikon 5100 to see if it works out for me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow