Started Dec 22, 2012 | Questions thread
anniejohn
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Re: xz-1 owner wanting dslr recommendation
In reply to Aaron Sur, Jan 7, 2013

Aaron Sur wrote:

Hi anniejohn,

from what you said you prefer to shop local and not online , the best course would be to head to the nearest camera retailer near you and physically handle a camera.

The Olympus EPL-5 is miles ahead of the XZ-1 , I am considering one to replace my wife's EOS 400D soon. The beauty is that it is almost the same size in length width and height as the new XZ-2 except for the lens protruding out farther.In my opinion the sensor on this camera is better in low light than all the current Canon APS-C cameras.

Maybe if you called your local Olympus Agency they could steer you in the direction of where you could test one locally.

the VF-2 is an electronic viewfinder that clips onto the flash hot shoe to allow viewing as in a SLR camera.

Unfortunately it seems that the local stores here can't get Olympus at all so my only choices in terms of that are Nikon and Canon.   A bit restricting but hopefully it will work out. I'm trying the Nikon 5100 to see if it works out for me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow