RX1 Focus Box question and some photos

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
viztyger
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,257Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 Focus Box question and some photos
In reply to teseg, Jan 7, 2013

I hope your replacement arrives as promised.

You're right about the AF assist light; when the light comes on in multi-AF area, the camera will often confirm focus by putting a dotted green frame around most of the screen. I was familiar with this behavior from the NEX-7, so I immediately shut off the AF assist when I got the RX1.

In general, the RX1's autofocus speed and accuracy feels broadly similar to that of the NEX-7 with E24/1.8 as well. Not as good as what I was used to from my former Panasonic GH2, but overall quite usable if you can anticipate when it might have problems focusing.

teseg wrote:

Still waiting for my RX1 replacement (in 2 days) but assume the AF technology is very similar if not identical to that of the NEX.

Here is an interesting active thread on the NEX forum there that comments how the autofocus light causes focus issues. Not sure this topic has been covered in detail on the RX1 forum, that may help? I look forward to testing this potential improvement suggestion.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50602629

-- hide signature --
 viztyger's gear list:viztyger's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow