Have you let Nikon know about your problem/issue?

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
DVSteve
Contributing MemberPosts: 910
Like?
Re: I did and received useless/stupid response
In reply to Nikonfan99, Jan 7, 2013

I agree.  I won't be sending mine in until they acknowledge a problem & come up with an actual fix.  In the meantime, I pretty much have to clean mine after every use.

I also logged a case with them highlighting the fact that mine was dirty again 20 shots after having been cleaned.  Same canned reply:

Thank you for contacting Nikon Customer Support. Some users may have experienced spots at one time on there sensor. D-SLR cameras are designed to be used with interchangeable lenses and foreign matter may enter the camera when lenses are changed. Once inside the camera, this foreign matter may adhere to the sensor, where it may appear in photographs taken under certain conditions. There is not a known issue with the D600 having oil on the sensor.
During your one year warranty period if this product is found to be defective in material or workmanship, Nikon Inc, or one its authorized service facilities will at its option, either repair this Product without charge, subject to the following conditions, limitations and exclusions:
This warranty extends to the original consumer purchaser only and is not assignable or transferable.
This warranty shall not apply to any Product which has been subjected to misuse, abuse, abnormal use, negligence, alteration or accident, or has had its serial number altered or removed.
This warranty does not apply to any defects or damage directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the use unauthorized replacement parts and/or service performed by unauthorized personnel.
This warranty does not apply to the batteries and software driver that accompanies this product.  

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow