D600 / 3200 more shutter counts after Nikon service!

Started Dec 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Edmund17
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
Peter: Yes, their reply is in writing
In reply to Peter Jonas, Jan 7, 2013

Peter Jonas wrote:

Edmund17 wrote:

A Nikon service representative replied to my enquiry saying “It's a common procedure, and sometimes it’s quite common to see over 500,000 releases

OP

Was your inquiry to Nikon about the extre 3200 shutter actuation in writing? If yes, can you please let us have a look at what you wrote as well as at a fuller account of Nikon's reply?

By the way, can you please confirm you established the shutter count from exif data rather than from image file name.

Thanks.

The camera is working now, but I know the D600 shutter life expectancy is around 150,000 cycles…..

I would have preferred, being that the D600 was a couple of week old, that they replaced the defective mechanism instead of spending longer time to repair it.

We may prefer certain things to be done in a certain way but most manufacturer's warranty offer states that "we will at our option repair or replace", accordingly they would have only replaced your shutter if it had not been possible to repair it, or more expensive to repair than to replace.

Next time I upgrade my camera I may consider others brands.

It is always a good idea to consider competitive products before a purchase.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Peter,

Yes, all exchange with Nikon about the extra 3200 actuations, and their reply is in writing. However, they prohibit distribution or posting of correspondence (that is stated at the bottom of each Nikon email). Yes, the shutter count I read from the EXIF data.

But I have accepted the extra actuations, now I am worried about solving the oil spots issue, and I have to say that early today, Nikon had replied to my email about this and I will be sending the D600 back to service.

Regards, Ed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow