Started Jan 7, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevkelsar
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
External Flash for LX5
Jan 7, 2013

Now, before you jump on me to do a search and see all the many threads discussing this, allow me to explain.    I think I have come to the limits of my LX5, which has been a wonderful camera over the last year or so.  However, I have come to find that indoor shots (think Christmas morning) are almost impossible to get good quality because starting around ISO 800 the photos are almost useless.  I get so much noise in the RAW files that they are not salvageable.  If I shoot ISO 800 and higher in JPEG, I get splotches of discoloration throughout the shots.  Using the built in flash is very hit and miss being so direct and harsh, even with tuning it down to around -1 (-2 is too weak in most situations).

So, I'm looking for an external flash.  However, I'm hoping there is the possibility of getting an external flash that I could use with my LX5 for now, but will also be compatible with what will most likely be my next camera: the Nikon 5100.  Is it even possible to find a flash that would work for both these cameras?  I just don't want to buy a flash for my LX5 that will later become obsolete and useless when I upgrade to the 5100 in a few months.  Thanks for any help.

kevkelsar's gear list:kevkelsar's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D5200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow