Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ChrisJS
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to sherman_levine, Jan 7, 2013

Sherm just for your education what I'm talking about is not that the images shows your changes but that the history log allows you to go back to each step of your changes.

Lightroom allows this. If I make 10 setting changes, close Lightroom, and reopen it. I can go back and see what the image looked like after change 4 (for instance). SilkyPix does not retain a list of all the changes so you can't do that.

I hope that was clear.

-- hide signature --

Florida

That's not good. I reported it to them as a problem. They can certainly store multiple image-specific histories if you (for example) open a folder, so they should be able to save them between sessions.

Sherm

Hi folks,

4.16 in the manual covers the History logs.

For development work I do not see retaining the editing history steps as an issue nor a requirement.  The RAW image can be reset easily and parameters adjusted at will.  Adobe ACR in CS5 and I believe CS6, do not have any histories either, OK you can save snapshots, but the same applies in SP under different naming conventions.

Photoshop once the file file is saved and closed does not keep the history steps.....  Lightroom has decided otherwise, for good reason, as unlike PS, it does not overtly use layers and when you start messing with brushes in specific areas then the history retention makes sense.

Kind regards
Chris

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow