Help with grainy pictures when zoomed in?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,535Gear list
Like?
Sample?
In reply to jonnews, Jan 7, 2013

jonnews wrote:

I just bought a Sony a57 camera with a tamron 18-200mm lens based off of the high rating it received from the review. I really like the camera and feel it has alot of potential compared to the Canon Rebel XSI I am used to working with. I am not a pro photographer by any means but am still learning. I am somewhat dissapointed with the indoor pictures it has been taking and feel like maybe I am doing something wrong. They appear to be very grainy when zoomed in which I assume is related to the noise factor. I also had an issue with the lens not wanting to zoom in and out smoothly when I first got it and it still has some issues sometimes. Would a bad lens have something to do with grainy pictures? Or is it user error with the camera? Would sure appreciate any insight or some tricks. On a side note when setting to p mode and using the flash manually it does turn out some very nice pictures, so I know it can take nice pictures with flash but think it could do better without the flash.

I hate to shoot in the dark (unless using my trusty old F828 in nightframing mode) :D. But these discussions are best served with an example or two, complete with exif. Otherwise it is all assumptions.

-- hide signature --

Sony A55, Sony NEX-3, Sony F828

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow