Snow portraits area around NYC (within 2 hrs drive)?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zerlings
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Snow portraits area around NYC (within 2 hrs drive)?
Jan 7, 2013

I want to take my gf for a portrait session this Sunday 

She has never taken serious portraits before (all her shots are party shots with point & shoots) so she is quite excited.  I will be using my all amateurish photography skills and my equipments for all they are worth (canon 5D3, 70-200, 85mm, strobe with softbox...) and give her a session as special as possible.

Since it is winter I want to do a winter/snow theme in the mountains, similar to those here:

http://www.ameliastrauss.com/blog/?tag=snow-portraits

The problem is that there is no snow (in forecast) in NYC on Sunday. So I am wondering whether I should just postpone it till a day with snowfall, or is there any location that has snow within 2 hrs driving from NYC?

I am thinking of ski park.  At least they have man-made snow but then I prefer something less crowded and natural if possible.

Also any tips on portrait on snow would be welcome.  I heard there is general rule to give +2 compensation in exposure.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow