How is the OMD so fast

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
duartix
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,477Gear list
Like?
Re: Good tracking requires PDAF.
In reply to Paul De Bra, Jan 7, 2013

Paul De Bra wrote:

Your expectation that CDAF will somehow be able to track in the future is somewhat unrealistic.

I don't think it's unrealistic. With the right probabilistic models and with sufficient sensor readout speed and processing power, you can predict some typical subjects that move in patterns.

The fundamental difference in property is that with CDAF when a subject goes out of focus the image does not have any information whether the subject is coming closer or moving further away.

No we don't. But looking at the focus history we have a pretty good chance to "predict it".  This was born as a reply to your post but grew bigger and bigger, so I decided to start a new thread about it.
If you want my opinion, I believe the future is hybrid as Toyota have shown. Oh, Fuji and Sony too.

-- hide signature --

Duarte Bruno

duartix's gear list:duartix's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow