NX300 Official - See the News!

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Desverger
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
Re: "I do not need an EVF" :-)
In reply to tombell1, Jan 7, 2013

tombell1 wrote:

For me the tilting screen is a big improvement in a camera with no EVF .. but I cannot for the life of me see why the optional EVF is not available as it was on the NX100 ......

I'm guessing the reason is cost. That plus Samsung knows exactly how many people bought the EVF for the NX100, and if that number is small, which it likely is, they may have decided they'd rather invest in other features that sell more. Of course, all this also depends on what the demographics are. If most NX users aren't serious photographers, then perhaps it makes sense to ditch the optional EVF. I think the NX20 is the camera they're targeting at the enthusiasts and it has a built in EVF and articulated screen. And it kinda makes sense considering the price difference between the NX210 and the NX20 is about the price of the EVF.

Desverger's gear list:Desverger's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
3DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow