Started Jan 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
PhotographicPhil
Regular MemberPosts: 320
Like?
Re: Pet dog picture - feedback requested
In reply to Denton Taylor, Jan 7, 2013

Denton Taylor wrote:

Since you asked
I think the photo is nice enuf and your sister should be pleased. The focus is correct on the eyes.

The main thing that bothers me is the white blanket. The dog kinda just blends into it. I would like to re-shoot it on a black or at least darker blanket.

The other thing that bothers me is the way one eye is partially obscured by his fur. Not sure what to do about that except shoot from a slight angle. Or off to the groomer for this cutie.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dentontay

Thanks Denton.

A couple of you have mentioned the blanket now and I agree that it is normally best to have a contrasting background. In this case it doesn't bother me too much. However, I think I will have a second attempt with a darker blanket and see how it compares.

I hadn't really noticed the fur by the left eye before but you are right. I think it had been cut away in the past to allow the dog better vision and the blunt end has now partially grown back.

I'm very pleased with the feedback you are all giving me. I would like to have another attempt at this photo, but I won't be seeing my sister now for some time so it may be a while!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow