Help with grainy pictures when zoomed in?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jonnews
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Help with grainy pictures when zoomed in?
Jan 7, 2013

I just bought a Sony a57 camera with a tamron 18-200mm lens based off of the high rating it received from the review. I really like the camera and feel it has alot of potential compared to the Canon Rebel XSI I am used to working with. I am not a pro photographer by any means but am still learning. I am somewhat dissapointed with the indoor pictures it has been taking and feel like maybe I am doing something wrong. They appear to be very grainy when zoomed in which I assume is related to the noise factor. I also had an issue with the lens not wanting to zoom in and out smoothly when I first got it and it still has some issues sometimes. Would a bad lens have something to do with grainy pictures? Or is it user error with the camera? Would sure appreciate any insight or some tricks. On a side note when setting to p mode and using the flash manually it does turn out some very nice pictures, so I know it can take nice pictures with flash but think it could do better without the flash.

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow