Why not an X-Pro 1s/ X-E1s

Started Jan 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
Re: Why not an X-Pro 1s/ X-E1s
In reply to Mr Gadget, Jan 7, 2013

That may be a view of a consumer in the West but it is not the Japanese way ... and Fuji is one of the most Japanese-centric of the major camera manufacturers. You are talking about a country who's housing market 'de-values' older property (unlike in the West) precisely because it is not 'new' - it is used, and buyers prefer newer properties.

Cars are officially obsolete after three years or so and usually removed from their roads (I believe you pay far more in taxes/duty fees to run an older vehicle) all to drive the home-grown car demand. History and ancient wisdom may be prized in Japan - but not commercial goods. Newer is better.

More experienced companies like Canon & Nikon - with well established distribution/marketing arms know how to appeal to Western consumers and are unlikely to commit faux-pas like introducing a superior product so soon after release of a 'competing' model.

Many predicted the demise of the X100 in late Jan. (I was told myself a few months ago by a friend in the trade) but most thought it would wholly be in favour of the XE-1 ... with the X100 becoming a 'new classic' as a result.

Alternatively - Fuji may be using the X100s as it did the original ... testing the water and/or honing technology in testbed form ... before rolling it out inside the other X mount cameras in six or twelve months time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow