photophile
Forum ProPosts: 12,894Gear list
Like?
Re: OM10 Adapter
In reply to stvn66, Jan 7, 2013

stvn66 wrote:

Hi,

A few questions please.

• How can I tell if the adapter is working or not as there does not appear to be any changes in the viewfinder, I understand that you can ignore the red light with this mounted?
  • Can I leave the adapter mounted on the camera all the time without effecting the auto exposure if I turn the 'Mode Adapter' to auto.

Are you referring to the old manual mode adaptor that plugs into the front of the OM-10 ? I still have my OM-10 plus the adaptor, but I haven't used them since 2004!

If memory serves me (and it frequently doesn't!), the LED display you see in the viewfinder is always the auto metering that the camera suggests. You then manually set the aperture you want - and when you take the picture, it the this value that the camera uses, even if the viewfinder is still telling you the auto mode.

I used leave my manual adaptor on all the time - and often use the simpler auto mode without adverse affect.

-- hide signature --

AH

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow